Xcarlink Bluetooth Adaptor
This is a Bluetooth Handsfree module which an be added to any Xcarlink interface with a Bluetooth Micro USB connection. Simply pair it with any bluetooth enabled mobile phone, and it will allow you to make and receive calls hands free through your car stereo speakers.
The Bluetooth module has a separate microphone for added convenience and optimum sound quality. Music playing automatically pauses when a call is made or received and then resumes when ended. In addition the bluetooth module allows you to wirelessly stream music from your mobile phone or bluetooth enabled device to your car stereo.
If you are not on the CD Changer/iPod source – you will need to switch over to the source when you receive a call as the interface uses that port of activate the Bluetooth function.
- Can be connected to any Bluetooth enabled mobile phone
- Allows you to make and receive calls hands free through your car stereo speakers
- Features a separate microphone for added convenience and optimum sound quality
- Music played via the interface will automatically pause when a call is made or received then resume when ended
- Ability to wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth enabled device to your car stereo
The Bluetooth module simply connects to the micro-USB connection on an Xcarlink iPod or USB interface. The microphone can then be mounted within a close proximity to the drivers position. It is a plug and play operation with no additional installation required to you car audio system.
Paring with your Bluetooth mobile phone
- Ensure that the ignition or radio is powered off before connecting the Bluetooth module
- The next step is to pair your mobile phone or device with the Bluetooth module. This can be achieved by accessing the Bluetooth menu or your phone and activating search and discovery mode (Refer to your mobile phones user guide for further information)
- When you phone displays the list of available Bluetooth devices select "XCarlink"
- When the phone asks for pairing code enter "0000" and press OK/Connect. The Bluetooth device is now paired with the Xcarlink Bluetooth module and you are ready to receive or make a call.
Making a call
Dial the number on your phone or select a contact. The sound will automatically be routed to your car audio system.
Answering a call
When a call is received you will hear a ring tone via your car radio speakers. The call can be answered in the following ways:
1. By pressing the call answer/reject button on the Bluetooth module 2. By pressing the Fast Forward button (on some radio modules)
During a call
During a call the music playing on the iPod or USB interface will automatically interrupt and it will allow you to take the call. Music will the continue to play automatically after the call has ended.
- A call can be rejected by holding down the call answer/reject button for 3 seconds
- Press the Bluetooth button, or fast forward button (on certain radios) to end the call
Wire length from interface to Bluetooth module: Approximately 150cm Wire length from Bluetooth module to microphone: Approximately 115cm
Compatible with all Xcarlink USB or IPOD interfaces with the micro USB connection.
Please note, that on the USB interface, the Bluetooth module uses the same port as the 3.5mm AUX cable. Only one can be connected at any one time.
Returns / Warranty
All products come with a manufacturer’s one year warranty.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Check compatibility prior to purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All Returned items will incur 25% restocking fee plus applicable delivery charges.
- Special Order items cannot be returned.
- It is your responsibility to return any such items in a pristine saleable condition in their original box and new packaging.
- You will be responsible for the return of the goods and any costs incurred for the return.
- All products supplied carries a 12 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Warranty shall only be accepted for with proof of purchased (receipts). We cannot accept credit card receipts or statements as proof of purchase.
- Should the product develop a fault within 12 months of your date of purchase please return the goods to us (at your own expense) for repair by an authorized repair centre appointed by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse.
- Should your product develop a fault within a first seven days of purchase you may return your goods for an exchange providing you return the unit in the same condition as supplied. (We are not liable for the cost of carriage)
- Speakers & Subwoofers: Burnt Voicecoils on all speakers/subwoofers are not covered under warranty.
- This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have. Please note that credit card receipt or statement cannot be used as proof of purchase. This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- We shall not be held responsible for third party and labour charges incurred, if installation service is not carried by In Car Music.