Start, Control or Locate your car from virtually anywhere with your Smartphone!
What is Viper SmartStart?
Now you can remote start, lock and unlock your car just by pushing a button on your smartphone; using the Viper SmartStart App from Directed, the leader in vehicle security and remote start. The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security with remote start system:
- Lock / Arm
- Unlock / Disarm
- Remote Car Starter
- Trunk Release
- Aux Channels
You can also control multiple vehicles – great for families! – and assign more than one user to control a vehicle. It's easy with SmartStart!
But, this is only the beginning! Viper SmartStart is loaded with additional features including GPS tracking, SmartSchedule, vehicle status, roadside assistance, home control, parked car finder and more.
3.0 enables a "Cloud-Connected Car" like never before, providing an entirely new level of 2-way interaction with your vehicle. Connectivity is managed through the Directed Cloud Services (DCS) network linking car, app, end user, and the Internet.
SmartStart GPS lets you locate and control your car from almost anywhere. Set your phone to alert you if your vehicle visits certain areas, find your car in a parking lot, or set a speed limit alert. We’ve added a host of great new features previously unavailable in any single app, such as vehicle locator, social check in, speed alert and lockdown alert.
You can even set a SmartFence or HotSpot alert that will notify you when your car leaves or enters a designated zone.
Part weatherman, part mind reader.
Directed SmartStart's new SmartSchedule is patent-pending technology that sends smart, behavior-based reminders to you when it’s time to start your car. SmartSchedule triangulates scheduling, weather and location data to generate these predictive start reminders.
SmartSchedule allows you to establish your commute time and temperature parameters – and the new cloud-based feature is very easy to set up. Enter your daily routine into the SmartSchedule section of the app (including what days you work and normal commute times) – and the app will take care of the rest.
The app will continuously monitor the temperature, location and scheduling variables from the cloud. Directed/Viper SmartStart will ping you with alerts when appropriate.
Did you accidentally leave your door open? Is your trunk popped? The Status Updates feature on the Viper SmartStart app will let you know.
The app offers real-time car status and unprecedented two-way connectivity. Not only can you locate your vehicle with GPS – but also know that it’s running, armed, locked, and much more!
Whether out to dinner, relaxing at the beach, or sitting in the top-most upper deck at the ballgame, Directed/Viper SmartStart lets you keep tabs on your vehicle around the clock, no matter where you go – all from your smartphone with simple confirmation reporting.
What do you want your Viper SmartStart to do? The app’s customisable auxiliary buttons allow unlimited options to control custom features through your smartphone.
Customize and control the look and feel of two auxiliary channel buttons on the app’s home screen. Set your app up to interact remotely with any part of your car – custom suspension, roll down your windows/sunroof, blast the radio – anything that you can imagine!
You can select different vehicles for the auxiliary buttons to interact with under the Cars tab, follow the list of features down to Auxiliary Buttons, and re-name both buttons however you want. The customized buttons will display on the left and right side of your app’s home screen.
Make your own Viper SmartStart experience.
SmartPark notes a vehicle's location every time you press the door lock button from the Car Control screen, or the Park My Car button from the SmartPark screen.
To return to the stored location, you simply press the Find My Car button from the SmartPark screen and retrieve the location, accessing any additional accompanying photo or note reminder that the you may have stored.
SmartPark shows a map with directions back to the car's location.
While returning to your car, make use of SmartPark's SnakeEyes feature - just hold up your phone and a virtual view of your car keeps you pointed in the right direction.
Too many parking tickets because you forgot to refill the parking meter? Need help remembering when it's time to put in more coins? Don't worry, the Viper SmartStart app will remember for you!
Simply set the Parking Meter in the Viper SmartStart app when you fill the real life parking meter. The app will keep track of how much time you have remaining on your meter and will let you know when it's time to go refill.
The Parking Meter feature will also show you a timestamp, and how long its been, since you last pressed the lock button in the app.
(Click on the icons above to download the viper app)
Requirements for Clifford SmartStart
A compatible iOS, Android device.
The Clifford SmartStart app - downloaded to your device.
A complete Clifford SmartStart system, or a Viper SmartStart module added to a compatible Viper remote start or security with remote start system.
A Clifford SmartStart service plan.
- iOS: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch.
- Android: SDK 1.6 or newer.
SmartStart GPS lets you locate and control your car from almost anywhere. Set your phone to alert you if your vehicle visits certain areas, find your car in a parking lot, or set a speed limit alert. We’ve added a host of great new features previously unavailable in any single app, such as vehicle locator, social check in, speed alert and lockdown alert. You can even receive a notification when your car leaves or enters a designated zone.
- SmartStart GPS requires the Clifford DSM250I module to be installed in your car.
- SmartStart GPS requires a GPS Premium Secure or GPS Secure service plan.
Returns / Warranty
All products come with a manufacturer’s one year warranty.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Check compatibility prior to purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All Returned items will incur 25% restocking fee plus applicable delivery charges.
- Special Order items cannot be returned.
- It is your responsibility to return any such items in a pristine saleable condition in their original box and new packaging.
- You will be responsible for the return of the goods and any costs incurred for the return.
- All products supplied carries a 12 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Warranty shall only be accepted for with proof of purchased (receipts). We cannot accept credit card receipts or statements as proof of purchase.
- Should the product develop a fault within 12 months of your date of purchase please return the goods to us (at your own expense) for repair by an authorized repair centre appointed by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse.
- Should your product develop a fault within a first seven days of purchase you may return your goods for an exchange providing you return the unit in the same condition as supplied. (We are not liable for the cost of carriage)
- Speakers & Subwoofers: Burnt Voicecoils on all speakers/subwoofers are not covered under warranty.
- This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have. Please note that credit card receipt or statement cannot be used as proof of purchase. This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- We shall not be held responsible for third party and labour charges incurred, if installation service is not carried by In Car Music.