11S8L72 Kicker Solobaric L7 Car Audio Subwoofer
The Kicker Solo-Baric L7 Subwoofer technology continues to maintain the title as the first and foremost authority on bass. It was the world’s first patented square subwoofer, supplying the extra decibels needed for deep, musical bass in a mobile audio system.
“Bass is what we are all about… it’s our specialty,” KICKER founder and President Steve Irby said. “From the very start, we’ve been known for rich sound – it’s the KICKER heritage, and it’s carried out through all we do.”
The Solo-Baric’s cutting-edge, square-sub design ultimately means more cone area, more air displacement and, therefore, more decibels than a conventional round woofer. With a patented corner-ribbed, double-stitched Santoprene® surround helping to hold the massive motor structure in place, the Solo-Baric L7 provides durability at a high excursion without compromising sound quality.
“We’ve got the accuracy, but we also have the intensity,” Irby said. “When we listen (during testing), we listen to it loud – we know there is no distortion. We make sure of it.”
Specification of the subwoofer
- Size 8 inches, 20 cm
- Dual 2 ohms Impedance
- 900 watts Max Rec Amplifier Power
- 450 watts RMS Power
- Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) - 83.6
- Frequency Response (Hz) - 28-100
- Mounting Depth - 4-3/4 inches or 12.1 cm
- Mounting Cutout, Square - 7-1/4 inches or 18.4 cm
- Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) .33, 9.4
- Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) .75, 21.2
- Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters) ** .66, 18.6
- Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters) ** 1.0, 28.3
** Port Volume Excluded.
- Square vs. Round: More cone area results in greater sound pressure produced by the woofer
- The massive motor structure of the L7 paired with KICKER's patented square-woofer technology provides extreme output capability
- Heat-sinking cast aluminum basket provides a strong motor foundation and maintains low temperatures during long-term operation
- Injection-molded SoloKon™ is our most advanced cone design, adding targeted strength for reliable performance and accurate response
- Patented corner-ribbed, double-stitched Santoprene® surround provides durability at high excursion with uncompromised sound quality
- 360° constant-contact back bracing adheres directly to every contour of the cone to maximize mechanical coupling of the motor, maintaining precise linear excursion while making the woofer as strong and responsive as possible
- Heavy-duty speaker leads are stitched and glued to the spider rolls for reliable performance when pushed to the limits
- Progressive-roll spider keeps stress away from the glue joint of the spider landing for long-lasting reliability
- Venting in the back-bracing of the cone and perimeter of the spider landing provides maximum air-flow to cool the voice-coil during operation
- Dual Voice Coils with high-temp copper windings handle extreme power levels for long durations without burning out
- T-cut top plate extends the magnetic field of the motor, adding balanced motor strength throughout the entire excursion path of the voice coil
- Solid-dome extended pole piece maintains precise voice-coil control and aids in heat dissipation
Returns / Warranty
All products come with a manufacturer’s one year warranty.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Check compatibility prior to purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All Returned items will incur 25% restocking fee plus applicable delivery charges.
- Special Order items cannot be returned.
- It is your responsibility to return any such items in a pristine saleable condition in their original box and new packaging.
- You will be responsible for the return of the goods and any costs incurred for the return.
- All products supplied carries a 12 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Warranty shall only be accepted for with proof of purchased (receipts). We cannot accept credit card receipts or statements as proof of purchase.
- Should the product develop a fault within 12 months of your date of purchase please return the goods to us (at your own expense) for repair by an authorized repair centre appointed by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse.
- Should your product develop a fault within a first seven days of purchase you may return your goods for an exchange providing you return the unit in the same condition as supplied. (We are not liable for the cost of carriage)
- Speakers & Subwoofers: Burnt Voicecoils on all speakers/subwoofers are not covered under warranty.
- This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have. Please note that credit card receipt or statement cannot be used as proof of purchase. This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- We shall not be held responsible for third party and labour charges incurred, if installation service is not carried by In Car Music.