If you're looking for more than just replacement speakers, Focal's Performance Series speakers let the music speak for itself, providing transparent reproduction for all your recordings and listening pleasures. This PC165 6-3/4" speaker uses a lightweight, exceptionally rigid Polyglass cone in a sturdy frame to create accurate, richly-textured sound, whether played loud or soft.
Focal brought some of their high-fidelity technology out of the studio and into your car with the Performance inverted dome tweeters. This technology results in wider dispersion and a higher frequency response, so you'll notice greater detail in the instruments and voices. Each tweeter features a built-in phase plug and wave guide, which act together to increase the power of high-frequency notes and improve the stereo soundstage. You can also tilt the tweeter for better imaging, a big help in vehicles where the speakers are not optimally placed.
Technology that sounds like magic
Focal applies molten glass microballs onto cellulose pulp to create their Polyglass cones, combining the crisp response of the rigid glass layer with the warm sound of a paper cone. The aluminum tweeter has been similarly treated with a softer, more easily damped material that makes the treble distinct without sounding harsh. You can expect superior performance from these speakers, whether you power them with a quality outboard amp or your car stereo.
- 2-way 6-3/4" speakers (pair)
- Polyglass woofer with butyl rubber surround
- processed aluminum inverted dome tweeter
- grilles included
- 4-ohm impedance
- 5-80 watts RMS power range (160 watts peak)
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92.5 dB
- depth: 2-5/8"
- warranty: 1 year
Polyglass Cone: The woofer cone has a cellulose pulp base and is coated with a uniform deposit of hollow glass microballs. The addition of the Polyglass layer significantly increases the cone's rigidity without adding much weight. This combination takes advantage of the accuracy and neutrality of the hard outer surface, but maintains the superior damping characteristics of the cellulose pulp.
Surround: The butyl rubber surround is resistant to ultraviolet rays, temperature extremes, and humidity to add to the speaker's reliability and longevity.
Voice Coil: The voice coil is wound around a 1" diameter low-mass Kapton former, ensuring no coil deformation.
Inverted Dome Tweeter: The tweeter is an inverted aluminum dome, producing a broad sound stage. The tweeter rotates on its post, so it can be pointed toward the listener.
Returns / Warranty
All products come with a manufacturer’s one year warranty.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Check compatibility prior to purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All Returned items will incur 25% restocking fee plus applicable delivery charges.
- Special Order items cannot be returned.
- It is your responsibility to return any such items in a pristine saleable condition in their original box and new packaging.
- You will be responsible for the return of the goods and any costs incurred for the return.
- All products supplied carries a 12 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Warranty shall only be accepted for with proof of purchased (receipts). We cannot accept credit card receipts or statements as proof of purchase.
- Should the product develop a fault within 12 months of your date of purchase please return the goods to us (at your own expense) for repair by an authorized repair centre appointed by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse.
- Should your product develop a fault within a first seven days of purchase you may return your goods for an exchange providing you return the unit in the same condition as supplied. (We are not liable for the cost of carriage)
- Speakers & Subwoofers: Burnt Voicecoils on all speakers/subwoofers are not covered under warranty.
- This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have. Please note that credit card receipt or statement cannot be used as proof of purchase. This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- We shall not be held responsible for third party and labour charges incurred, if installation service is not carried by In Car Music.