Dension Gateway 500 USB iPod Car Kit Interface Adaptor for Mercedes
The ultimate digital integration in your car!
- Control your iPod with your car radio
- See menus and song information on screen
- Quick hassle-free installation
Gateway 500 is a digital device, with fibre optic connections, It works with cars which use the MOST (Media Oriented System Transport) digital system to carry entertainment information around the car. These cars are predominantly the higher specification models of Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Porsche, plus some Aston Martin, Saab and Volvo models. Click on your car make to see if it is compatible. Once the Gateway 500 is installed, you can connect your iPod or USB and display the contents on your vehicle screen. By adding the optional Dension BTA 1500 module, your phone can be integrated.With the Dension AVR, you can control video input around different screens in the car, including iPod video. There are no extra boxes to stick on the dashboard, or unsightly cables trailing around the vehicle.
What you can do:
- Control and charge your iPod with your original radio
- Access music on USB devices
- Play MP3s and more on your radio
- View song album and artist information on screen
How Does it work?
Control at your fingertips
Gateway 500 works like an interpreter between your devices and the car, converting instructions from the car’s controls e.g. BMW iDrive or Audi MMi rotary controller, into a language that your phone or iPod can understand and respond to. When connected into the car, Gateway 500 emulates a CD changer, but has a switch which allows you to swap between the Gateway and the changer. Of course, every Dension Gateway 500 comes with a comprehensive user manual, but in most cases, you select the CD changer function, then CD6, and a series of menus are opened up to you to control your devices. The system controller in the car is then all you need to navigate around your devices.
Gateway 500 will also send all this information to the display in your car, usually a screen, so you can always see exactly where you are, what’s playing, or who’s calling you.
There are a few MOST audio systems which do not support text from the iPod, and for these we would recommend using a Dension Gateway Lite.
Suitable for the following:
- Mercedes B Class, W245 (2005 onwards) with Command
- Mercedes C Class, W203 (2004 - 2007) with Audio 20
- Mercedes C Class, W203 (2004 - 2007) with Command
- Mercedes CL Class, W216 (2005 onwards) with Audio 20
- Mercedes CL Class, W216 (2005 onwards) with Command
- Mercedes CLK Class, W209 (2005 - 2007) with Audio 20
- Mercedes CLK Class, W209 (2005 onwards) with Command
- Mercedes CLS Class, W219 (2004 - 2007) with Audio 20
- Mercedes CLS Class, W219 (2004 - 2007) with Command
- Mercedes E Class, W211 (2003 - 2007) with Audio 20
- Mercedes E Class, W211 (2003 - 2007) with Command
- Mercedes G Class, W463 (2005 onwards) with Audio 20
- Mercedes G Class, W463 (2005 onwards) with Command
- Mercedes GL Class, X164 (2005 onwards) with Audio 20
- Mercedes GL Class, X164 (2005 onwards) with Command
- Mercedes M Class, W164 (2005 onwards) with Audio 20
- Mercedes M Class, W164 (2005 onwards) with Command
- Mercedes R Class, V251 (2005 onwards) with Audio 20
- Mercedes R Class, V251 (2005 onwards) with Command
- Mercedes S Class, W220 (2003 - 2007) with Command
- Mercedes SL Class, R230 (2005 - 2007) with Command
- Mercedes SLK Class, R171 (2006 onwards) with Command
- Mercedes SLR Class, C199 (2005 onwards) with Command
- iPod Mini (4GB, 6GB)
- 4th Generation iPods (20GB, 40GB)
- 5th Generation iPods (30GB, 60GB)
- 6th Generation iPods (Classic, both sizes)
- iPod Colour (20GB, 60GB)
- iPod Photo (30GB**, 40GB, 60GB)
- iPod Video (30GB, 60GB, 80GB)
- iPod Nano 1st Generation (1GB, 2GB, 4GB)
- iPod Nano 2nd Generation (1GB, 2GB, 4GB)
- iPod Nano 3rd Generation (all sizes)
- iPod Nano 4th Generation (all sizes)
- iPod Touch (Gen 1 and 2)
- iPhone 2G
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3Gs
- iPhone 4
Returns / Warranty
All products come with a manufacturer’s one year warranty.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Check compatibility prior to purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All Returned items will incur 25% restocking fee plus applicable delivery charges.
- Special Order items cannot be returned.
- It is your responsibility to return any such items in a pristine saleable condition in their original box and new packaging.
- You will be responsible for the return of the goods and any costs incurred for the return.
- All products supplied carries a 12 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Warranty shall only be accepted for with proof of purchased (receipts). We cannot accept credit card receipts or statements as proof of purchase.
- Should the product develop a fault within 12 months of your date of purchase please return the goods to us (at your own expense) for repair by an authorized repair centre appointed by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse.
- Should your product develop a fault within a first seven days of purchase you may return your goods for an exchange providing you return the unit in the same condition as supplied. (We are not liable for the cost of carriage)
- Speakers & Subwoofers: Burnt Voicecoils on all speakers/subwoofers are not covered under warranty.
- This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have. Please note that credit card receipt or statement cannot be used as proof of purchase. This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- We shall not be held responsible for third party and labour charges incurred, if installation service is not carried by In Car Music.