Replacing an OE audio unit in some modern vehicles can lead to some nasty suprises - one of these is the loss of the OE audible parking tones. Advances in CAN Bus technology have enabled manufacturers to use the vehicle audio system for more than just entertainment. More and more vehicle types are now equipped with standard parking sensor systems that deliver obstacle proximity information to the audio unit using the vehicle CAN Bus. The audio unit presents this information using audible tones via the vehicle speakers.
The CAN-NAVTONE interface reads proximity information direct from the vehicle CAN Bus and produces proximity tones via a tiny hide-away Piezo sounder as a substitute for the audible tones originally generated by the OE audio unit. The NAVTONE interface is ideal for installation when the OE audio unit is to be replaced by an afternarket AV or Navigation system. In addition to the substitute parking sensor tones the interface also provides the control outputs required to install the replacement audio unit derived direct from the CAN Bus system.The CAN-NAVTONE Interface is compatible with the vehicles listed below. The interface automatically identifies the vehicle type via the CAN Bus no installer programming is required.
- BMW : 1 Series (E87) - 3 Series (E90 / E91 / E92) - 5 Series (E60 / E61 / E63) ***
- Citroen : C4 - C8
- Land Rover : Freelander 2 ***
- Peugeot : 207 - 307 - 308 - 807
Volvo : V70 - XC70 - XC90
*** Vehicles with front and rear sensors will require an additional sounder - available seperately.
Returns / Warranty
All products come with a manufacturer’s one year warranty.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Check compatibility prior to purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All Returned items will incur 25% restocking fee plus applicable delivery charges.
- Special Order items cannot be returned.
- It is your responsibility to return any such items in a pristine saleable condition in their original box and new packaging.
- You will be responsible for the return of the goods and any costs incurred for the return.
- All products supplied carries a 12 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Warranty shall only be accepted for with proof of purchased (receipts). We cannot accept credit card receipts or statements as proof of purchase.
- Should the product develop a fault within 12 months of your date of purchase please return the goods to us (at your own expense) for repair by an authorized repair centre appointed by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse.
- Should your product develop a fault within a first seven days of purchase you may return your goods for an exchange providing you return the unit in the same condition as supplied. (We are not liable for the cost of carriage)
- Speakers & Subwoofers: Burnt Voicecoils on all speakers/subwoofers are not covered under warranty.
- This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have. Please note that credit card receipt or statement cannot be used as proof of purchase. This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- We shall not be held responsible for third party and labour charges incurred, if installation service is not carried by In Car Music.