Simple Dual Full HD Dashcam
Outstanding Dual Full HD quality in a small form factor, featuring Sony’s STARVIS™ image sensor in the front camera for better clarity in low light.
The DR490-2CH is a dual-channel dashcam that records both front and back or interior of your vehicle in Full HD 1080p.
The DR490-2CH protects your car without getting in the way—hidden behind your rearview mirror.
DUAL FULL HD DASHCAM - FULL HD 1080P FRONT AND REAR @30FPS
The DR490-2CH records Full HD 1080p videos of the front and back of your car at 30 frames per second, in a 130-degree wide view angle. With the front camera’s Sony STARVIS imaging sensor, you get awesome image clarity day and night.
STARVIS is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
BUILT-IN IMPACT & MOTION DETECTION - ENABLES MULTIPLE RECORDING MODES
While driving, your BlackVue detects impacts and sudden changes in speed. While parked, it also detects movements*.
Videos files are marked accordingly so that you can easily find the relevant ones in the BlackVue Viewer for Windows and Mac OS.
(*) For Parking Mode recording, an external battery pack (Power Magic Battery Pack) or a hardwiring kit (Power Magic Pro) is required.
LOOP RECORDING AND FORMAT-FREE TECHNOLOGY - LESS FORMATTING AND SMOOTHER RECORDING
Loop Recording: the DR490-2CH records over the oldest video files first when the microSD card is full, in a seamless loop.
Format-Free Technology: your BlackVue saves and organizes files on the microSD card in a highly efficient way. It reduces the need for formatting the card and prevents file corruption even after multiple write cycles.
EXTERNAL GPS (OPTIONAL) - LOG SPEED AND LOCATION ALONG YOUR VIDEOS
The external GPS receiver (approx. 1 meter / 39 inches) adds location and speed data to your videos.
Speed: speed data will be overlaid in the video (can be turned off in the settings).
You can choose to display the speed in Kilometers per hour (Km/h) or Miles per hour (Mph).
Location: you can visualize the location of your vehicle in the BlackVue Viewer’s Map during video playback.
MIC ON/OFF AND FORMAT BUTTON
Like every BlackVue dashcam, the DR490-2CH records audio in addition to video.
Handy to make oral notes to yourself while keeping your hands on the wheel, record a conversation with a police officer, or capture any sound of impact that might be off-camera.
Mic ON/OFF: The DR490-2CH features a physical button to toggle audio recording ON and OFF instantly.
Note: please consult your local legislation on the use of audio recording devices in your vehicle. Commercial vehicles may be required to bear a sticker mentioning the presence of an active dashcam.
Format microSD: A long press of the button can also be used to format the microSD card without the need for a computer.
THE SONY STARVIS DIFFERENCE
The Sony STARVIS™ image sensor that equips the front camera of the DR490-2CH delivers outstanding low-light performance.
Additionally, it features Night Vision, which activates when the dashcam switches to Parking Mode, further enhancing details in dark surroundings.
PARKING MODE MONITORING with Power Magic Pro or Power Magic Battery Pack.
Rest easy, knowing that your car is being monitored while you are away.
BlackVue automatically switches to Parking Mode to monitor you parked vehicle, but only writes to the memory card when something happens (motion or impact detected), which has two benefits:
- Less chance for important files to be overwritten during long Parking Mode sessions.
- Extended memory card lifespan in the long run.
The dashcam detects movements via the camera sensor and impacts via the gravity sensor. You can choose to record videos in either both scenarios or only when impacts are detected.
While turned ON, Night Vision is designed to activate itself when the dashcam switches to Parking Mode. It highly enhances the image quality in low light, making it perfect for monitoring your vehicle in an underground parking lot or a poorly-lit street at night.
- Model Name: DR490-2CH
- Cameras: 2
- Size - Front: Width 111.8 mm x Height 34 mm / Weight: 58g
- Size - Rear: Width 51.3 mm x Height 29.7 mm / Weight: 18g
- Memory: microSD Card (16 GB/32 GB/64 GB/128 GB)
- Recording Mode:
- Normal Parking
- Event Recording (Impact Detection)
- Parking Mode Recording (Motion & Impact Detection)
- *For Parking Mode Recording, a Parking Mode Battery Pack (Power Magic Battery Pack) or a Parking Mode Hardwiring Kit (Power Magic Pro) is required.
- Front & Rear: CMOS Sensor (Approx. 2M Pixel)
- Viewing Angle:
- Front: Diagonal 130o, Horizontal 113o, Vertical 58o
- Rear: Diagonal 130o, Horizontal 110o, Vertical 62.5o
- Resolution Frame Rate: Full HD (1920x1010) @ 30 fps
- Image Quality: Highest/High/Normal
- Video Compression: AVI
- GPS: External (Optional)
- Microphone: Built-in
- Speaker (Voice Guidance): Built-in
- LED Indicators:
- Front: Front Security (WHITE), REC (RED), GPS (BLUE)
- Rear: Rear Security (BLUE)
- Sensor: 3-Axis Acceleration Sensor
- Backup Battery: Built-in Super Capacitor
- Input Power: DC 12V - 24V (DC Plug: (-)—C—(+)(Ø3.5 x Ø1.35), MAX 1A/12V)
- Operation Temperature: -20 °C–70 °C (-4 °F–158 °F)
- Storage Temperature: -20 °C–80 °C (-4 °F–176 °F)
- High Temperature Cut-Off: Approx. 70 °C (158 °F )
- Other Features: Format-Free Technology for Stable Recording
Returns / Warranty
All products come with a manufacturer’s one year warranty.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Check compatibility prior to purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All Returned items will incur 25% restocking fee plus applicable delivery charges.
- Special Order items cannot be returned.
- It is your responsibility to return any such items in a pristine saleable condition in their original box and new packaging.
- You will be responsible for the return of the goods and any costs incurred for the return.
- All products supplied carries a 12 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Warranty shall only be accepted for with proof of purchased (receipts). We cannot accept credit card receipts or statements as proof of purchase.
- Should the product develop a fault within 12 months of your date of purchase please return the goods to us (at your own expense) for repair by an authorized repair centre appointed by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse.
- Should your product develop a fault within a first seven days of purchase you may return your goods for an exchange providing you return the unit in the same condition as supplied. (We are not liable for the cost of carriage)
- Speakers & Subwoofers: Burnt Voicecoils on all speakers/subwoofers are not covered under warranty.
- This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have. Please note that credit card receipt or statement cannot be used as proof of purchase. This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- We shall not be held responsible for third party and labour charges incurred, if installation service is not carried by In Car Music.