K2 Power speakers engineered for superb sound
At Focal, all that matters is music. Focal's sound gurus engage in intensive listening sessions as they design a new line of speakers, making it their mission to create products that deliver uncanny realism, sweeping dynamics, and breathtaking depth. During the hands-on production process, they test every model meticulously to ensure that they meet Focal's exacting standards.
Focal's "Power Hi-Fi" philosophy
The K2 Power 165KR 6-3/4" component speaker system bears the hallmarks of Focal's "Power Hi-Fi" philosophy. The nimble Aramid and glass-fiber woofers demonstrate the control needed to reproduce delicate classical passages, yet they'll handle the power needed to drive your bass-heavy music with authority. The sturdy zinc-aluminum alloy baskets are non-magnetic so they won't interfere with the speaker's own electronics.
Inverted dome tweeter design
Focal's inverted dome tweeters act like little woofers, dispersing the highs in a wide pattern to create an exceptionally natural soundstage. K2 Power crossovers use hand-made components developed by Focal to deliver an ideal blend of the highs and lows for a dynamic stereo image. Three levels of tweeter and two levels of midrange control let you dial in the sound to your car's environment.
- component speaker system includes two 6-3/4" woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 external crossovers, and 2 woofer grilles
- K2 composite woofer cone (Aramid, foam, and glass fiber)
- butyl rubber surround
- 1-3/4" woven Aramid fiber inverted-dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with 3 tweeter and 2 midrange level settings
- 4-ohm impedance
- power range: 6-80 watts RMS (160 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB @ 2.83 V
- mounting depth: 2-13/16"
- warranty: 1 year
K2 Cone: The woofer cone is a sandwich composite consisting of a foam core, a structural glass fiber bottom layer, and a Kevlar top layer. This combination of materials results in a rigid, light weight cone with excellent damping characteristics.
Surround: The butyl rubber surround is resistant to ultraviolet rays, temperature extremes, and humidity to add to the speaker's reliability and longevity.
Zamak Basket: The woofer features a cast Zamak basket. Zamak is a rigid alloy of Zinc, Aluminum, Magnesium, and Copper. Zamak is non-magnetic.
Voice Coil: The voice coil is wound around a 1" diameter low-mass Kapton former, ensuring no coil deformation.
Inverted Dome Tweeter: The tweeter is an inverted Kevlar dome, producing a broad sound stage. The tweeter has a Neodymium magnet to provide a powerful magnetic field for the voice coil, while still maintaining the tweeter's compact dimensions.
Mounting Options: The tweeter can be surface or flush mounted using the included adapters. Focal recommends flush mounting, but the included angled cup allows surface mounting at one of two angles; approximately 15° and approximately 40°.
Components: Focal uses audiophile grade polypropylene capacitors and air core inductors to ensure high definition and a dynamic sound quality.
Tweeter Level: You can adjust the output level of the tweeter on the crossover to -6 dB, -3 dB, or 0 dB.
Midrange Level: Set the midrange output to High or Flat to match their position in the car. When the mids are installed low in the door, some of the output is absorbed by the upholstery and they benefit from the High output setting.
Crossover Slopes: The crossover uses 2nd order, 12 dB per octave low-pass and high-pass filters. The crossover frequency for both is 3,800 Hz.
Wiring: The inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide.
Returns / Warranty
All products come with a manufacturer’s one year warranty.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis.
- Check compatibility prior to purchase.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All Returned items will incur 25% restocking fee plus applicable delivery charges.
- Special Order items cannot be returned.
- It is your responsibility to return any such items in a pristine saleable condition in their original box and new packaging.
- You will be responsible for the return of the goods and any costs incurred for the return.
- All products supplied carries a 12 months Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Warranty shall only be accepted for with proof of purchased (receipts). We cannot accept credit card receipts or statements as proof of purchase.
- Should the product develop a fault within 12 months of your date of purchase please return the goods to us (at your own expense) for repair by an authorized repair centre appointed by the manufacturer.
- Guarantee does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse.
- Should your product develop a fault within a first seven days of purchase you may return your goods for an exchange providing you return the unit in the same condition as supplied. (We are not liable for the cost of carriage)
- Speakers & Subwoofers: Burnt Voicecoils on all speakers/subwoofers are not covered under warranty.
- This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have. Please note that credit card receipt or statement cannot be used as proof of purchase. This does not affect any statutory rights that you may have.
- We shall not be held responsible for third party and labour charges incurred, if installation service is not carried by In Car Music.